I am committed to providing a high quality service to all my clients. When something goes wrong I need you to tell me about it. This will help me to maintain and improve my standards and hopefully rectify the situation.
My complaints procedure
If you have a complaint that relates to breaches of the FMC’s Codes of Practice or Standards Framework that occurred within the last three months please contact me with the details. If I have to change any of the time scales set out below I will let you know.
For the avoidance of doubt, complaints that relate to the way a mediation was conduced as a whole, the date the three months runs from is the last mediation session
What will happen next?
1. Within three days I will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details. I may suggest that we need to clarify any details.
2. I will then record your complaint in my central register and open a file for your complaint and investigate it. This may involve one or more of the following steps
- If I was the mediator, I will consider your complaint again. I will then send you a detailed reply or invite you to a meeting to discuss the matter or both.
- I may ask another independent mediator or my Professional Practice Consultant (supervisor) to investigate and report
- I will then write inviting you to meet me to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint
3. I would hope to be in a position to meet with you within a month of first receiving your complaint. If you would prefer not to meet, or if we cannot arrange this within an agreeable timescale, I will write to fully set out my views on the situation and any redress.
4. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, please contact me again. I will then review my decision with the next 10 days.
5. If the matter remains unresolved you can refer your complaint to the FMSB to consider the complaint if certain criteria are met. The FMSB can be contacted via email@example.com or by phone on 0844 556 7215
6. The decision of the FMSB is final.