Useful booklets / guides are available from CAFCASS www.cafcass.gov.uk, your mediator, the courts and solicitors.
A parenting plan can help you put together an agreed outline of what you both want for your children.
Areas to consider are:-
- Living arrangements;
- Contact arrangements – and communicating changes in arrangements;
- Contact with siblings, extended family, step-siblings and significant others;
- Health and medical care – immunisations, sex education, intimate relationships and medication;
- Education, discipline and reward;
- Social development – activities, clubs, societies, friendship and kinship networks;
- Cultural considerations – faith, celebrations, traditions and rites of passage;
- The future – new homes, travel arrangements, holidays and name changes;
- Finance – pocket money, mobile phone, investment accounts;
- What is not agreed;
- What can never be acceptable.