What is mediation?
Family mediation is a means of dispute resolution for issues that arise before, during or after separation or divorce.
It is a voluntary and confidential process that is structured to encourage the participants to reach their own solutions.
No one finds separation or divorce an easy subject, but we believe we can help to reduce the time, costs and distress with our family dispute service.
Family mediation offers a far less costly approach than court proceedings, both financially and emotionally. It is recognised by the courts and by the Government as being a quicker, cheaper and more amicable alternative.
Our divorce mediation services can resolve issues such as:
- Where everyone is going to live;
- What is going to happen to the home;
- How much time the children will spend with each party;
- What is going to happen at Christmas or in the holidays;
- What will happen regarding financial issues such as savings, investments, pensions, debts and possessions;
- How you will afford to live, both now and into the future.